Does this child need help?
About our Identify workshop:
What happens when an educator or health professional is concerned about a child’s development? What steps should they take next? Research tells us that the earlier a child in need of intervention is identified and referred for help, the better the chance they have to get the support they need. This can lead to better outcomes for children and their families.
Our Identify: ‘Does this Child Need Help?’ workshop provides practical support to people working with young children in mainstream settings where there are concerns about a child’s development.
Designed to assist professionals across a range of disciplines, the package is grounded in contemporary evidence based research and practice
What the workshop covers:
- Early growth and development
- Identifying when a concern may be an issue
- What identification means
- How to raise concerns
- The role of early childhood intervention
- How to plan the next steps, including referral
Who the workshop is designed for:
- ECI Practitioners such as Key Workers, Early Childhood Special Education Teachers, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Orthoptists, Audiologists and NDIA/ECEI staff.
- ECEC Practitioners such as Preschool Staff, Long Day Care Staff, Occasional Care Staff, Family Day Care Staff.
- School Staff such as Principals, Assistant Principals, Classroom Teachers, Learning Support Teachers, Teacher’s Aides and School Counsellors.
- Community Organisation Staff such as Out of School Hours (OOSH) Staff and Playgroup Staff
What you receive:
- 6 hours of professional development, delivered as 3 x 2 hour virtual face-to-face sessions, over 3 weeks by one of our exceptional Reimagine Australia Trainers
- Digital Participant Workbook, including pre-reading and links to tools and resources
- Enduring access to online tools and resources
- Certificate of Completion
Upcoming workshop dates:
- Workshop Session 1: 3pm – 5pm Monday 14th September 2020 (AEST)
- Workshop Session 2: 3pm – 5pm Monday 21st September 2020 (AEST)
- Workshop Session 3: 3pm – 5pm Monday 28th September 2020 (AEST)
Seats are limited, so enrol in our next Identify workshop today and let us better equip you in your life-changing work with children and their families.